Do's and Don'ts for Boudoir Day!
Whether you’re still dreaming about booking a boudoir photoshoot or if you've already booked and your date is on the way, it’s a good idea to do a little preparation prior to your photoshoot! To help make your photoshoot day easy and fun, here are some DO’s and DON’Ts for your boudoir photography session day.
Photoshoot Day Do’s
· Arrive Early: You know that saying “if you’re on time, you’re late”? Well, that totally applies to boudoir photography too. Just like you arrive a bit early to a work meeting, doctor’s appointment, or massage, arrive a good 10 to 15 minutes early to your session so we can get started right on time.
· Call Us if You’re Running Behind: On that note, things happen. If you end up running a little late, please make sure to call us so we can plan accordingly. Communication for the win!
· Have Your Outfits Planned: If you’re doing multiple outfit changes, have everything figured out and put together in advance for each person who’s being photographed. Trust us on this one.
· Make Sure You’re Looking Fab: We’re not saying you have to spend oodles of cash, but you do want to put a little extra attention into the details. Nails should be manicured, hair groomed, and clothing pressed. Spring for the blowout if you’re feeling it.
· Be Flexible: Sometimes it rains, sometimes it’s windy, sometimes there’s a parade going on across the street. Roll with the punches. We’ll even utilize all those “bumps” to your advantage.
Photoshoot Day Dont’s
· Don’t Put Yourself Down: We’re all super critical of ourselves — more so than anyone else would be — but we urge you to use this day to think positive thoughts and refrain from self-criticism. Your smile is gorgeous and the outfit you picked is perfect. We’re sure of it.
· Don’t Bring Your Squad: You know how it’s hard to cook in a crowded kitchen? Yeah, that. It’s fun to hang out with friends, but we promise things will go way smoother if only those being photographed, and your photographer, are present. By all means, though, grab some food after with your crowd!
· Don’t Direct the Photographer: We’d love for your input on what sort of vibe you’re going for, and we’re definitely eager to see what sort of pictures you have in mind for your shoot. The day of, though, let us work our magic and deliver the style of images you hired us for!
· Don’t Stress: This day is about you and your loved ones, and we want to make sure that you have the best time ever. Try not to stress too much. We’ll help you navigate those poses and ensure that your pictures turn out beautifully.
We'll see you soon for your photoshoot! Give us a call if you haven't already booked, we're happy to create your photos.