5 Tips On How To Relax In Front Of The Camera
Relaxing for Your Boudoir Photography Session
Are you nervous about your boudoir photo session? Guess what, that’s totally normal! But if you're tense during your photoshoot, it can show through in your pictures! Here are some of our best tips to help you relax during your shoot:
1. Play Music – We generally have music playing during every photoshoot for the very reason of relaxation. At your initial consultation, we love to find out what your favorite style of music is, so that we can plan on having music that you'll enjoy!
You can also bring your phone to play your favorite music playlist while you're getting prepped with our makeup artist for hair and makeup! This will help you to calm down and feel comfortable before we even begin the photoshoot.
2. Deep Breathing – Practice deep breathing. This is a proven relaxation method. Breathe in deeply through your nose and exhale through your nose. Repeat until you feel better!
3. Take a Break – If you’re feeling overwhelmed, we can take a break from shooting and talk and relax before resuming the photography session. We have snacks available for our clients as well, so please don't hesitate to let us know you need a break and we'll get out some cheese and crackers if you'd like!
4. Drink – Not to get drunk, but just enough to help you cut loose. A little nerve-relaxing buzz can help tremendously. We offer a glass of wine or champagne with every boudoir session if the client would like it.
5. Laugh It Off – If you’re feeling silly in front of the camera, laugh at yourself. Laughter is a great relaxation technique. It will help you loosen up. We love to laugh during photoshoots, and it's even more fun when the clients laugh with us!
Ready to book your boudoir photoshoot? Get in touch with us and let's set a date for a consultation to talk about your photo vision, tour our Medford Photography studio, and check out some of the lingerie goodies in our closet!